UFC 174 weigh-in
In the main event, flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson (19-2-1 MMA, 7-1-1 UFC) looks to defend his title for the fourth time when he meets Ali Bagautinov (13-2 MMA, 3-0 UFC).
Bagautinov weighed in first and came in a half-pound under the title-fight max at 124.5 pounds. Johnson, fighting not far from his Seattle-area home, got a big ovation and weighed in at 125 on the button. Bagautinov wouldn’t look at Johnson during their face-off, but it wasn’t a heated moment.
“He’s a great fighter, but I’m the best in this division. I’ve beaten the best of the best, and I’m excited,” Johnson said.
In the co-feature, Rory MacDonald (16-2 MMA, 7-2 UFC) and Tyron Woodley (13-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) meet in a crucial bout for the welterweight division. Woodley weighed in first, coming in at 170.5. MacDonald, a native of British Columbia, got a huge pop from his home fans before weighing in at 171.
Also on the main card, Ryan Bader (16-4 MMA, 9-4 UFC) meets Rafael Cavalcante (12-4 MMA, 1-1 UFC) at light heavyweight. “Feijao,” a former Strikeforce champion, was 204.5, while “TUF 8″ winner Bader was 205. Former heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski (21-10 MMA, 10-4 UFC) returns to the UFC to face Brendan Schaub (10-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC). Arlovski tipped the scales at 249.5; Schaub, who changed his nickname from “The Hybrid” to “Big Brown” for the fight, was 238. And to open the main card, Canada’s Ryan Jimmo (19-3 MMA, 3-2 UFC) was 204.5 for his light heavyweight bout with Ovince Saint Preux (15-5 MMA, 3-0 UFC), who was 205.5.
The festivities took place at Rogers Arena in Vancouver, the same venue that hosts Saturday’s card.
The full UFC 174 weigh-in results included:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Demetrious Johnson (125) vs. Ali Bagautinov (124.5)
- Rory MacDonald (171) vs. Tyron Woodley (170.5)
- Ryan Bader (205) vs. Rafael Cavalcante (204.5)
- Andrei Arlovski (249.5) vs. Brendan Schaub (238)
- Ryan Jimmo (204.5) vs. Ovince St. Preux (205.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)
- Kiichi Kunimoto (170) vs. Daniel Sarafian (171)
- Valerie Letourneau (134.5) vs. Elizabeth Phillips (135)
- Mike Easton (135) vs. Yves Jabouin (136)
- Tae Hyun Bang (156) vs. Kajan Johnson (155)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET)
- Roland Delorme (135) vs. Michinori Tanaka (135)
- Jason Saggo (155.5) vs. Josh Shockley (155.5)