GLORY’s New CEO Promises October Return, More International Events
GLORY’s unannounced and relatively quiet break that begun after GLORY’s Last Man Standing PPV had a lot of people up in arms. Many believed that the company was in dire straits and that there might not be another show. It was clear that there was originally a GLORY 18 scheduled and that it dissipated before it could even be publicly announced. Now GLORY has named a new CEO and he’s published an open letter on GLORY’s website to give a sort of state of the union address to fans.
You can read it here, but here are the bullet points to take away from it.
- GLORY’s next event will be in October.
- There is no announced location for it yet, but the canceled event was scheduled in the Chicago area.
- He hints at wanting to take GLORY “back on the road” away from LA and NYC.
- Also hints at more international events.
- Spike TV relationship will continue moving forward.
- GLORY and Spike TV will be working together for more GLORY-based programming to air on Spike.
- A show titled “Top Knockouts of Glory Countdown” is set to debut, possibly before the late October event.
There are a lot of positives in there, including the expanded programming on Spike TV. If there was one thing really hampering GLORY events on Spike TV it would probably be the distinct lack of extra programming to help raise brand awareness. GLORY is a newer brand to audiences and the sport of kickboxing is just as new to them as well, airing additional programming on Spike TV can only help out.